The Capitol Friends program is intended to create a group of patrons who are more engaged with the theatre beyond attending shows.
Each season when you give or subscribe, include Capitol Friends and enjoy these special benefits:
FRIEND PROGRAM BENEFITS
Early admittance & VIP entrance access
Robertson Room access - snacks are back!
Drink discounts at lobby bar
Exclusive Friends season launch party
Pre-sale opportunities for special events
Exclusive Friends events
Special theatre tours
Exclusive volunteer opportunities
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Early access will only be offered for specific Capitol Theatre presented events
Look for the BLUE carpet to the left of the Capitol Theatre - that is your PRIVATE VIP entrance!
Friends will receive a special pre-show email to explain the access time (1 hour prior to curtain, 30 minutes prior to general doors opening, generally), and where and how to enter
If a Friend enters through a separate door other than the designated Friend entrance, the Friend must present their ticket or Capitol Friends card when ordering drinks to receive the discount
Friends must show their ticket, a photo of their ticket, or the Capitol Friends club card to receive drink discounts
All presale opportunities will be sent via email to include updates, opportunities, and special events
Special coupon codes will be given in the email to apply to the opportunities
Events could include pre tour tech final dress performances, rental presales, etc...
EXCLUSIVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
· Volunteer ushers do require training and a volunteer orientation, typically held quarterly
· Volunteer usher opportunities can be as often as 3-4 times a month and are typically in the evening
although Capitol Kids events provide daytime opportunities as well
· Volunteer docents could lead multiple tours of the theatre throughout the day to the public
· This would require extensive training and/or robust materials to facilitate accurate information being shared
Volunteer Subscription Mailing
· A few times a year, the theatre does a mass mailing, usually of subscription information
· Volunteers could assist in the stuffing and mailing of these materials
Friend - Driven Party
An annual Friends party is a way to celebrate this dedicated group of patrons, thank them for their engagement, foster a sense of community and encourage additional patrons to sign up for the program. Planning this event will take significant staff time and resources, but it can also be an opportunity for Friends to join in the planning and execution.