In an effort to provide the highest level of public safety to our audiences, artists, staff, and volunteers, entrance to any event at the Capitol Theatre requires:
- Proof that each individual is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (including children). Fully vaccinated means a 2nd shot received 2 weeks prior to the event. Booster not required.
- For those not fully vaccinated (including children), proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test collected within 72 hours of the performance start time is required
- In accordance with the General Face Covering Requirement currently in place in the State of Washington, all audience members and guests (including children) are to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth when attending an event in any area within the Capitol Theatre facilities, except while actively eating or drinking.
Staff will check a photo ID matching the proof of vaccination or negative COVID PCR tests at the doors as a condition of entry. Ticket holders will NOT be permitted in the theatre without proper documentation and matching identification. Children without photo ID can have identification verified by an accompanying adult.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered) OR
- Copy of a vaccination card OR
- Digital image of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider or state Immunization Information System record (e.g. MyIRmobile.com, WA Verify.gov)
- Matching photo ID will be required at the door. Children without photo ID can have identification verified by an accompanying adult.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Printed document or electronic version (from test provider or laboratory) OR
- Email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device (from the test provider or laboratory).
- The information provided needs to include name of person tested, type of test performed, and collection date of test (not date result received).
- Negative PCR test result must be within 72 hours prior to the event, e.g. for a Friday performance, test can be collected no sooner than that Tuesday.
- Matching photo ID to the test provided will be required at the door. Children without photo ID can have identification verified by an accompanying adult.
Rapid test & Self-reported negative test results are not acceptable.
This policy is in effect from September 7, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
The Capitol Theatre Committee will be monitoring the situation. This end date is subject to change and will be reassessed monthly. Notice will be sent two weeks prior to each ticketed event with a reminder of these protocols and details on any additional guidelines or modifications.