Job Title: Box Office Assistant
Posted on April 01, 2019
SOME WEEKENDS/EVENINGS AND OT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Box office assistants provide exceptional customer service through the ticket purchasing process. Assistants collect pertinent customer information that facilitates a dynamic engagement between the Capitol Theatre Committee (CTC) and its patrons. They support the sale of ticket to events presented in CTC facilities and other venues as contracted. Processing includes single ticket and series subscriptions for both CTC and contracted clients.
This position reports to the Patron Services Manager as part of a collaborative team working with CTC employees, volunteers, vendors, clients and customers.
- This position requires a friendly, outgoing individual with great communication, listening, and customer service skills.
- A successful Assistant must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assistants must be punctual and reliable with an attention to detail.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The CTC may augment duties at its discretion.)
- Utilizes an internet-based ticketing system to process ticket orders, daily sales reports, and promoter settlements as directed by the Patron Services Manager.
- Sells single and subscription tickets to the general public on-site and/or by phone. Supports patrons in their use of the on-line purchasing system.
- Fills orders to maximize the customer experience with regard to the artists and the rest of the audience.
- Maintains data files through accurate data entry and analysis utilizing a variety of computer programs and applications.
- Has the ability to complete essential functions during an allocated shift.
- Available to work regular daytime hours, as well as some evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Perform under the Working Conditions as described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY
- An internet-based ticketing system preferred
- Cash and credit card handling preferred
- Effective business communication
- Best customer service practices
- Computers, internet, and social media platforms
- Work under minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
- Provide superior customer service
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Efficiently and effectively plan, organize, and complete daily tasks and achieve long-term goals
- Accurately balance and transact daily cash and credit card sales
- Gather and evaluate information, and communicate it to others effectively
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Additional college preferred
- Facility with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer service background required
- Work in a small confined and secure office in a theatre environment
- Deal with highly confidential information
- Work under tight time constraints
- Occasionally manage the concerns of dissatisfied customers
- Occasionally available to work overtime or split shifts as required, generally with advanced notice
- Regularly lift up to 10 pounds
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 509-317-7700
Return to Job Listings