Posted on November 08, 2022
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The janitor position is responsible for the cleaning, upkeep, and light maintenance duties for the Capitol Theatre building and grounds.
This position reports to the Capitol Theatre Committee (CTC) Technical Director.
(The essential functions listed below do not reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The Patron Services Manager may augment duties, including essential functions, at their discretion.)
1. Cleans, sanitizes, and stocks restrooms.
2. Sweeps, mops, polishes, and vacuums floors.
3. Dusts, wipes down, and sanitizes surfaces.
4. Takes out trash and recycling.
5. Organizes the janitorial closets and stores tools and supplies.
6. Completes minor repairs such as changing light bulbs or unclogging toilets.
7. Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
1. Require a friendly, outgoing individual with strong communication and listening skills.
2. Able to operate effectively individually and within a group with little no to supervision.
3. Punctual and reliable with an attention to detail.
1. Cleaning solutions and tools.
2. Appropriate bio-hazard handling practices.
3. Safe working practices and industry standards.
1. Work under minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
2. Understand verbal and written instructions.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
1. Working knowledge of cleaning products and practices.
2. Must be 18 years of age.
1. Regularly work in an “indoor environment” including standing for extended periods and working in low-light situations.
2. Occasionally work in an “outdoor environment” if needed.
3. Regularly work a non-regular schedule including “overnight” shifts.
4. Hours will vary depending on the number of events in the season and needs of each event.
5. Occasionally work mandatory overtime.
6. Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to and over 100 pounds.
Applications are encouraged to submit resumes and letters of interest by December 1, 2022. Please submit all inquiries by email only to Brian@capitoltheatre.org.
Apply Online Download Application
Call (509) 853-ARTS
for More Information
or to order tickets
11am - Show Time on Show Days
The Capitol Theatre
19 S. 3rd Street