Job Title: Box Office Associate
Posted on October 11, 2021
Box Office Assistant
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Box Office Assistants provide exceptional customer service through the ticket purchasing process. Assistants collect pertinent customer information that facilitates a dynamic engagement between the Capitol Theatre Committee (CTC) and its patrons. They support the sale of tickets to events presented in CTC facilities and other venues as contracted. Processing includes single ticket and series subscriptions for both CTC and contracted clients.
This position reports to the Patron Services Manager of the CTC. This position also works as part of a collaborative team working with other CTC employees, volunteers, vendors, clients, and customers.
- Requires a friendly, outgoing individual with great communication, listening, and customer service skills.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
(The essential functions listed below do not reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. The Patron Services Manager may augment duties, including essential functions, at their discretion.)
- Utilizes an internet-based ticketing system to process ticket orders, daily sales reports, and promoter settlements as directed by the Patron Services Manager.
- Supports patrons in their use of the online purchasing system on-site and/or by phone.
- Sells single and subscription tickets to the public on-site and/or by phone.
- Fills orders to maximize the customer experience with regard to the artists and the rest of the audience.
- Maintains data files through accurate data entry and analysis utilizing a variety of computer programs and applications.
- Has the ability to complete essential functions during an allocated shift.
- Available to work regular daytime hours, as well as some evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Perform under the Working Conditions as described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Computers, internet, and social media platforms
- Effective business communication
- Best customer service practices
- An internet-based ticketing system preferred
- Cash and credit card handling preferred
- Work under minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
- Provide superior customer service
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Efficiently and effectively plan, organize, and complete daily tasks and achieve long-term goals
- Accurately balance and transact daily cash and credit card sales
- Gather and evaluate information, and communicate it to others effectively
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Additional college preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Customer service background required
- Regularly works in a small confined and secure office in a theatre environment
- Frequently deals with highly confidential information
- Regularly works under tight time constraints
- Occasionally manages the concerns of dissatisfied customers
- Occasionally required to work overtime or split shifts as required, generally with advanced notice
- Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds
Applications are encouraged to submit resumes and letters of interest by October 30, 2021.
Please submit all inquiries by email only to email@example.com
Return to Job Listings